7.13.2005

It's becoming increasingly obvious that I need to just keep my mouth shut until I've seen a show twice before running off at the mouth. I also need to make a point of viewing the show on multiple entertainment centers. What sounds like crap in the living room might not sound so bad on the system in my room. What looks like garbage on a 50+" screen may not be quite so horrible on a 27" TV. And, a second viewing allows for honest assessment without all the expectations a 10 year wait can cause.

I think you can figure out what I'm talking about by now. However, I'm still pretty sure they redubbed the Japanese seiyu for all the flashback material.

Switching shows and genres...

Rahxephon...

Intro - Gets the Buddy Jesus thumbs up. Fully rockin' and/or hardcore.










Ending - B+ for effort, C+ for result. I know the mood they were shooting for, but the horrible engrish puts the kabosh on my suspension of disbelief.

The show itself isn't half bad. The pacing is decent, but for all they build up this conspiracy of who orchestrated the Mulian invasion, they don't really give the topic enough depth. That is of course, unless I've missed something very important (which happens, but not too often). Bahbem is a character that needs a couple of episodes of exposition just to himself.

It drives me nuts how many shows use the angst-filled-teen route when developing their characters. Having never been so hard-up for the attention and affection of others, I'm often left baffled at the mental paralysis some of these people suffer.

More to follow when time allows.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://jsvextyl.com/eucd/hzfd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ccblkhmp.com/zbuw/zdme.html]Cool site[/url]

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://jsvextyl.com/eucd/hzfd.html | http://enwsnqwf.com/rktr/fcis.html

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home