5.31.2006

You say you did what with your pointy hat?

So to torture myself, I've decided to try my hand at a little subbing. In this case, I'm going to try the OP for Sasami Club. Of course, that comes with all the perils of attempting to translate lyrics. Unnatural pitch changes, funky pacing, garbled proununciation, and poetic license make song lyrics some of the most difficult parts to translate.

In this case, my cause is helped (or hindered) by many lines being repeated. However, the second itteration is spoken by what sounds like a different seiyuu and lightly synthesized. What sounds like mashou the first time sounds like bashou the second. It doesn't help that neither of those words seems to make sense in the context of this song.

So far, the basic romaji I've been able to assemble (based purely on what it "sounds" like) is:

Kana e mashou wo okii boushi ni notte
Kana e bashou wo okii boushi ni notte
Negai mashou wo negare boshitsu ka(me/ne)
Negai mashou wo negare boshitsu ka(me/ne)

(Koki?)shi mashou wo nema wo ii mono doki
(Koki?)shi mashou wo nema wo ii mono tsuki
Kana e mashou wo kimi no negaigoto
Kana e mashou wo kimi no negaigoto


Mahou sotto (udegakete), AGAIN GET YOU

Nawaru (chi/chu)(gi/ki) (mu/nu) no nan daka de

Kimi to mune (nunanun) getsu

SUN SHINING ashita mo are (mu/nu)(n?)kana

Motto yume wo (___________?)

Akai ino no kino shita ne

Kimi to hajirun nega tsuki

IT’S MAGIC FOR YOU.


Parantheticals are those parts I'm still not certain are correct, or are too garbled to make out clearly. It's been far too long since I did any serious listening practice. Hell, at this rate the actually subbing will be the easy part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home